OSSREA individual membership is handled by Chapters of OSSREA. To become a member download and fill out the following individual membership form and send it to the respective national Chapter of OSSREA where you reside along with a 10USD annual membership fee.
Benefits of membership:
- A full member shall have all the rights and privileges inherent in the Organisation including, but not limited to, the right to vote in the meetings of the Congress as provided for in election byelaws and procedures and the right to offer himself or herself for election to any of the organs of the Organisation.
- A registered member is the first to be considered to a vacant post at the headquarters.
- A registered member can be registered in OSSREA's Resource Persons Database by sending their CVs and is the first to be contacted to participate in the different projects of OSSREA (such as Editing, facilitating trainings, reviewing articles and book chapters etc..)
- A registered member is the first to be considered for acceptance to participate in any projects of OSSREA.
- A registered member is the first to be contacted to develop proposals for projects OSSREA wishes to participate in.
- A registered member is the first to be considered to publish articles on OSSREA's flagship journal (EASSRR - The East African Social Science Research Review Journal)
- A registered member is the first to be considered to publish articles on OSSREA's bulletin.
- A registered member is the first to be considered to participate in the regional and national training workshops on Research Methods and Gender Mainstreaming Trainings.
- A registered member is sent regular email notifications from the OSSREA headquarters (such as Calls, Publications, Workshops, Conferences, Congresses, Fellowships, Scholarships, Grants, Vacancies etc...)
- A registered member receives official publications of OSSREA such as Annual Reports, Strategic Plans and the tri-Annual Bulletin.
Individuals interested to become member of OSSREA may contact the Liaison Officer of the respective Chapter. The name and email addresses of Liaison Officers of OSSREA is available in the Contact Us page on this website.